Mental Health Awareness of Michiana is proud to announce this virtual presentation:
“Ethics and Evidence Based Practice”
February 18, 9 am to Noon (EST)
Part 1: “Walking the Ethical Line: The top boundary challenges in clinician practice”
Presenter: Latasha Matthews, LPC, CPCS, CPCA, CAMS
- Determine how the ACA Code of Ethics applies to boundary setting in private practice/ clinical practice.
- Analyze ethical dilemmas clinicians face surrounding boundary setting with respect to utilizing technology with clients in clinical practice
- Employ best practices for avoiding boundary issues for a dual relationship with a client in a clinical setting.
Part II: “Program Evaluation as Evidence-based Practice for Clinical Social Workers”
Presenter: Tarek Zidan, Ph.D. Assistant Professor at IUS School of Social Work at IUSB
- Introduce attendees to the fundamental of practice evaluation in clinical settings.
- Inform attendees about different research tools to evaluate mental health interventions, therapy, or treatments for clients (individuals and groups).
- Familiarize attendees with research designs/ measurements for practice evaluation and Implications for practice.
Registration required: REGISTRATION LINK
$45 Registration includes 2.5 continuing education (1 hr ethics).
$20 Student rate $10 Community rate FREE for PBCP Volunteer Clinicians