Mental Health Awareness of Michiana is proud to present this webinar, featuring Dr. Ann Lutz, from the Institute for Solution Focused Therapy.
Description: All successful clinical practice requires engaging positively with clients. Solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT) provides skills that can quickly and practically enhance engagement. SFBT offers an additive dimension to traditional problem-focused approaches. The course is designed to provide practitioners a “taste” of SFBT skills to enhance engagement with their clients.
1. How to listen for and activate client resources.
2. How to enhance engagement through client centered goal negotiation.
3. How SFBT differs from problem solving approaches.
4. How to construct questions that enhance engagement.
5. How SFBT can enhance hope for both clients and practitioners.
Course Instructor: Anne Bodmer Lutz, MD is the director of the Institute for Solution Focused Therapy. She was trained by the founders of Solution Focused Brief Therapy. She is a board-certified adult, child, and adolescent psychiatrist, an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Massachusetts in Worcester, MA, and was a nurse before becoming a physician. She is the author of “Learning Solution Focused Therapy: An Illustrated Guide” that includes over 30 demonstration videos.